BogHogs Bike Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BogHogs Bike Forum

Discussion forum for mountain bike group

You are not connected. Please login or register

September road trip??

4 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1September road trip??  Empty September road trip?? Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:56 am

dopple ganger

dopple ganger

Anyone fancy a road trip in September?
The destination is up for discussion i.e Welsh trail centre, Forest of Dean,Lee Quay/ Dalby forest or maybe somewhere to ride the natural terain.
The date can be to suit all those interested. i can't do the w/e 10-11 sept but will be avaiable for any other weekend.
Don't be put off if you think this will be a balls out riding weekend, we'll set out as a group and ride as a group( unless you get lost then its every man for himself Rolling Eyes )It will involve riding/being out for most of the day but with meal stops and breaks as we go. Followed by rehydrayation in local inn.
If you can register your interest we can get the ball rolling

2September road trip??  Empty Re: September road trip?? Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:18 am

E zee G

E zee G

I am tentatively interested and quite fancy west wales or even north wales.

3September road trip??  Empty Re: September road trip?? Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:36 pm

duffman

duffman
Admin

A tentative yes from me as long as you don't mind a bit of photography and general tarting about

4September road trip??  Empty Re: September road trip?? Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:53 am

wolfie smith

May be up for this, if I'm not on another holiday.
Just one question.........will it involve camping?????

5September road trip??  Empty Re: September road trip?? Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:35 am

dopple ganger

dopple ganger

Wolfie,
It doesn't have to be camping , possibly b&b , but not 5 star.

6September road trip??  Empty Re: September road trip?? Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:22 am

E zee G

E zee G

Anyone fancy north Wales?

We can youth hostel, B&B log cabin whatever people want.
there is a place we've camped at before near Coed Brenin but they also do B&B.

Could always head over to Aber and try Nant yr Arian or maybe one of Jim's suggestions.

Lets just get out and ride.

7September road trip??  Empty Re: September road trip?? Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:08 am

dopple ganger

dopple ganger

North Wales is good for me.
Bunk house, b&b, etc. We have a bit of time to sort details.
What dates can people do and numbers would be a good start , we can tihen start to think about accommodation.

8September road trip??  Empty Re: September road trip?? Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:30 am

E zee G

E zee G

I can't do w/e 10th & 11th September
I can't do w/e 24th & 25th September

I can do w/e 3rd & 4th September
I can do w/e 17th & 18th September (my preference)
I can do w/e 1st & 2nd October

As above my preference is 17th & 18th September.

Location wise I am happy to go with the mutitude, but something a little different from Afan would be nice.

9September road trip??  Empty Re: September road trip?? Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:38 am

is this a road ride?

10September road trip??  Empty Re: September road trip?? Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:04 am

E zee G

E zee G

Bazza too long with those Gerrrmans me thinks.

I can understand the confusion with all the mention of trail centres!

I have looked at it again and if we want a slightly longer weekend does anyone fancy a day at Mabie and then on into the 7 Stanes proper? Maybe a bit of the McMoab?

11September road trip??  Empty Re: September road trip?? Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:37 am

duffman

duffman
Admin

I can't do 3rd and 4th Sept, over at Aston Hill with my new downhill chums.

I can't do the 18th Sept as moving number 1 daughter into Uni

Last edited by duffman on Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:13 am; edited 1 time in total

12September road trip??  Empty Re: September road trip?? Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:11 am

E zee G

E zee G

Is the surf season winding down Duff?

You might want to sort some snowboarding dudes to while away those short winter days.

I am still good for the previously mentioned dates

Mid Wales is shaping up as destination, would be good to revisit Coed Brenin.

13September road trip??  Empty Re: September road trip?? Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:17 pm

duffman

duffman
Admin

Surf season seems quite short, we sponsored the Boardmasters festival at Newquay, those surf dudes are too laid back for their own good.

Coed Y Brenin sounds good, we have unfinished business there. Let's hope the locals are more friendly this time...

14September road trip??  Empty Re: September road trip?? Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:33 am

dopple ganger

dopple ganger

Coed Y Brenin sounds just the ticket, Very Happy
So far we have myself, Duff, Ezee G. Possibles Wolfie, Craig(will confirm this w/e) and me bros. Any other takers??

We'll confirm the date over the weekend and chat regards accom.

15September road trip??  Empty Re: September road trip?? Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:17 am

E zee G

E zee G

Coed Y Brenin with a Y sounds likely then

It seems poor old Wolfie has managed to get himself busted up, so camping is now a possibility.

I am happy for camping, B&B, bunkhouse or whatever.

The first weekend in October seems to be a more likely time line, so I would suggest we keep an eye on the weather as to accommodation.

There is the camp site on the Eco farm which we used last time, it is near to the centre and it's excellent breakfast but not near to anywhere else.
the site is at Cae Gwyn Farm and is £8pppn, limited facilities but has bike lockup (just) and showers and is about 1 mile from the centre. www.caegwynfarm.co.uk.

Torrent campsite seems more promising as it is £6pppn only 1 and a half miles to Dolgellau and has full facilities like electric hook ups, dryers etc.

It's all there on the web, go have a look.

16September road trip??  Empty Re: September road trip?? Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:57 pm

dopple ganger

dopple ganger

Its all gone a bit quite around this thread, me included. 1st week in october does that mean 30th sept - 2nd of october or 7th-9th october?
i'm happy to go on either, i think Craig would prefer the weekend of the 1st.

Coed-y-Brenin?

Camping ?? Places suggested by Gord look good, but what do people want to do?

If this trip is falling through then i shall be taking my self off to south wales instead on the weekend of the 1st october and riding at Cwmcarn,Brechfa and Afan.

Interest parties can we have a yeah or ney as to whats happening.

17September road trip??  Empty Re: September road trip?? Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:22 am

E zee G

E zee G

Go, Go, Go

Weekend of the 1st good for me.

Coed good for me.

Camping good for me.

18September road trip??  Empty Re: September road trip?? Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:47 am

dopple ganger

dopple ganger

As i have previously texted those going the camping barn is booked. This provides us with a warm dry place to sleep. You will need to bring a sleeping bag or duvet. They give us pillows but no pillow cases , so bring one along if needed. Also bring your own towels. So basically you get a bed, washing facilities plus the use of a fridge and cooker.
Also as pointed about by Craig there is an enduro event at Coed y Brenin on the sunday. So we have a few options regarding riding sunday morning.

A) we enter the enduro event, 30k , but £25 entry fee.
B) we ignore the event and ride what we can on the sunday.
C) we go to another trail centre on the way home. Betws-Y- Coed seems like a good bet as its only 26 miles north and the return journey time is the same as from
coed y brenin.

I personally fancy option C, there's two trails to chose from and its nearly on our route home. Very Happy

Below are links for you all to ponder.

http://www.mbwales.com/en/content/cms/bases/betws_y_coed/betws_y_coed.aspx

http://www.mbwales.com/en/content/cms/Events/Howies_Coed_Y_Brenin/Howies_Coed_Y_Brenin.aspx

accommadtion

http://www.caegwynfarm.co.uk./barn.htm

Please bring your own spares that relate specifically to your own bike, plus i'll put together a basic tool kit for the weekend.

Hopefully we'll all catch up before then to discuss finer details.

19September road trip??  Empty Re: September road trip?? Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:51 pm

duffman

duffman
Admin

Option C for me, shudders at thought of entering enduro race. Very Happy

20September road trip??  Empty Re: September road trip?? Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:57 pm

E zee G

E zee G

Duff spoke to me Doppler and fancies doing the Enduro before breakkers then heading onto to the other trail centre.

I will cheer him from my bed then head onto the other centre with you guys to cover option C.

Thanks for sorting all the arrangements it is very much appreciated and Duff will give you a big wet kiss on Friday.

21September road trip??  Empty Re: September road trip?? Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:30 am

duffman

duffman
Admin

I think I would rather do the Enduro before breakers rather than give any of you lot wet kisses, unless Bomber is coming of course Crying or Very sad

22September road trip??  Empty Re: September road trip?? Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:42 am

dopple ganger

dopple ganger

no kisses for me please , i'm spooning with Craig all weekend Very Happy

23September road trip??  Empty Pick up friday morning Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:35 am

dopple ganger

dopple ganger

Craig will be dropping his stuff off to me on Wednesday. On friday i shall be leaving my place at 6 am and going to Beltinge end of the bay to pick him up.
I'll then trot over to Duffs to collect him and then roll on the E's house.
If possible can we get Duffs bike to E's house ? that way once the kits in the back the bikes can be slung on and off we go. Also if the bars can be turned they'll sit better on the rack.
Hopefully with a tail wind we should be there in time to get an afternoons riding in. Very Happy

What do we want do do regards food on the friday night? We could eat at the visitors center . Saturday we should find a pub to eat , possible do the same friday if there a pub close.

24September road trip??  Empty Re: September road trip?? Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:02 am

E zee G

E zee G

All sounds good to me

I will talk with Duff regarding getting bike to mine ready for the off on Friday.
We can get his carrier to mine if you like or I have a tow ball carrier which fits on nice and quick, it may make life easier.

25September road trip??  Empty Re: September road trip?? Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:06 am

dopple ganger

dopple ganger

we're ok for a carrier, we may just need some padding so they don,t mark each other at Mach 3 Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum