BogHogs Bike Forum

Discussion forum for mountain bike group

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sat 20th August

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Sat 20th August on Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:55 am

Right, straight to business.
I'm riding Saturday. No talking. No slacking. Just riding, hard.

I will be hammering through Fordwich on my way, if anyone wants to try to hang on to my wheel for my ride, be there for 9.30.

I'm wearing pink

2 Re: Sat 20th August on Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:16 pm

No Messin'

Big ride Saturday.

Bring on the Badgers.

Check in Forders @0930 (no stopping just spinning through get ready to jump on)

Herne Bay pickups @0900hrs, location as required.

No slackers, looks like Bazza's gone all Teutonic on us.

View user profile

3 Re: Sat 20th August on Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:03 am

duffman

Admin
Put me down for that, no messing about, no talking, don't even look at me and don't just don't try and race me because you will fail, I will destroy you. The tarmac will melt before my greatness and the contours of the earth will be changed forever.

I will be wearing Orange.

You have been warned.

View user profile

4 Re: Sat 20th August on Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:14 am

That's it

The dummy is out

No messing

Very dark glasses

Just follow the vapour trail

Don't say I didn't warn you

HOTA uniform

Or with all the drugs I'm gonna chuck down my gizzard G Whizz

View user profile

5 Re: Sat 20th August on Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:58 am

if this is as described a rocketship ride i maybe interested. how long will you be out for?
treat me gentliy if i turn up Smile

View user profile

6 Re: Sat 20th August on Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:07 am

If the type of riding is as described about 20 minutes!

Do you want me to call at yours on Saturday at around 0900hrs for a gentle spin over to Forders Duff

We can keep the cadence down to around 110 and speed up around 18mph until we hit Weald and Woodland then pump it up to 130 cadence and 26mph, back down to 18mph up the hill to Broadoak then around 40mph down Sturry hill ready to jump the railway line and clobber the troll under the toot toot bridge at the G&D.

Your thoughts please Duff

PS Bacon or sausage sarnie at the cafe.

View user profile

7 Re: Sat 20th August on Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:27 pm

duffman

Admin
0900 at the GOP is spot on.

Suggest intervals over to Forders and then Fartlek from there at intensity 9 increasing to 10 on incline setting 14.

This may burn off some of the many inches around my middle.

Need to be back at a reasonable hour as bike fettling is needed for Sunday ride

View user profile

8 Re: Sat 20th August on Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:44 pm

duffman

Admin
Jim, you seriously have nothing to fear, I think you will just about be able to keep up with us road warriors Wink think of our characters on here as more "Marvel comic keyboard heroes" than anything approaching reality...

View user profile

9 Re: Sat 20th August on Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:16 pm

Route
http://www.cycle-route.com/routes/Canterbury_50_Miler_Circuit-Cycle-Route-1057.html

I'm not planning on stopping anywhere on the ride, and intend to 'ride like i stole it'

10 Re: Sat 20th August on Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:10 am

I've been saving all week and have got £3.27 (plus 25 Italian Lira, and 2 Deutsche Marks) together in loose change for a tea and sarnie.

If we are definitely not stopping at the A20 cafe I will leave all the coppers at home along with the demijohn in which they rest, this will really place you in trouble as I reckon I will be around 2.4567kgs lighter and have a reduced drag coefficient of 1.234569632.

Just off to put another 50psi into the tyres

C U @ 0900hrs at the Duff GOP.

Looking at the route I will definitely be first home, that's why I am now known as E ZEE G.

View user profile

11 Re: Sat 20th August on Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:21 am

i won,t be out , to many main roads for my liking. I'll take my chances in the woods. May see you sunday morning.

View user profile

12 Re: Sat 20th August on Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:48 am

The route should be long enough for Bazza to upset a few motorists and maybe even people that live near cafes, have a great ride, I've got jobs to do at home! Sleep

View user profile

13 Re: Sat 20th August on Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:11 am

Wolfie my old canine warrior, the people's popular Coastal towns assembly managed to cause civil unrest even before comrade Bazza had joined the rally.

Screaming woman driver reminding us that we have to ride in the gutter in single file so her Wartberg Scenic people carrier can run in optimum order without deviation or speed change for the whole of her journey.

I dutifully did my best to confuse and cause instability to cafe staff in the hamlet of Sandwich. Brother Wolfie our devout inspiration you would have been proud to see the the teachings of the revolution being our mantra in full flow.

Power to the pedal

E ZEE G

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum