BogHogs Bike Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BogHogs Bike Forum

Discussion forum for mountain bike group

You are not connected. Please login or register

We welcome new riders

+6
E zee G
nzfinescale
Admin
dopple ganger
Hugh
duffman
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1We welcome new riders Empty We welcome new riders Sun May 08, 2011 1:49 am

duffman

duffman
Admin

We always like to see you new riders and are happy to ride at a reasonable pace to see if riding for us is for you. We are a friendly group and will help you fit in with us if you want to.

Our Sunday rides generally leave at 0830 from Clowes Wood Car Park near the Crab and Winkle cycle route and run for around 3 hours through the woods where we ride. If you want to come along post here and we will sort you out with a meeting place and time.

The only thing to bear in mind is the disclaimer below:

Please note we are not an official club, just a group of riders who choose to ride together, none of the riders are qualified guides and we have no accident or liability insurance, so if you ride with us you do so at your own risk. Mountain Biking can be dangerous and you should ride within your limits and always wear a helmet. To ride with us you will need a well maintained bicycle that is suitable for the purpose of riding off road, a reasonable set of spares, tubes, pump, multitool etc.

2We welcome new riders Empty Re: We welcome new riders Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:25 pm

Hugh

Hello,

Would it be ok for me to join you guys for a ride tomorrow? I am back from uni for the summer and looking for some people to ride with. I do quite a lot of mountain biking, so hopefully I should be able to keep up with you.

3We welcome new riders Empty Re: We welcome new riders Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:16 am

dopple ganger

dopple ganger

Hugh,
No problem , post in tomorrows ride topic in the general mtb ride section and the guys will know to look out for you .
Do you know the meeting point?

4We welcome new riders Empty Re: We welcome new riders Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:20 am

Admin

Admin
Admin

Hi Hugh,

Just spotted your post, yes of course it would be OK, you will be most welcome. We meet at The Clowes Wood car park, which is here

http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/751744

Hope to see you around 0830 Sunday, there should be a reasonable crowd out

https://boghogs.forumotion.co.uk

5We welcome new riders Empty Sunday 25th September Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:20 pm

nzfinescale

nzfinescale

Hi all

You may remember I made contact back in July, but the planets didn't align.

I'm a 49 yr old New Zealander over on business (again) for a few weeks.

I'd love to get out for a ride (Bike's all packed and ready to fly).

Lawrence Boul

6We welcome new riders Empty Re: We welcome new riders Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:07 pm

duffman

duffman
Admin

Hi Lawrence,

Thanks, got your email, I am sure we can try and hook up again although we have a road trip to Wales coming up in the next wek or so, we may be down on numbers.

7We welcome new riders Empty Re: We welcome new riders Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:52 pm

E zee G

E zee G

Hi Lawrence

Let us know when you're in town and we can hook up.

North or South Island mate?

I've got reletives on one and good mates on the other.

Gor

8We welcome new riders Empty Re: We welcome new riders Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:00 pm

nzfinescale

nzfinescale

E zee G wrote:Hi Lawrence

Let us know when you're in town and we can hook up.

North or South Island mate?

I've got reletives on one and good mates on the other.

Gor

Hi Gor

Plan is to get out tomorrow (provided the body thinks its on UK time - shouldn't be a problem as the brain booted up at 4am this morning). I'm nr Rochester at present.

I'm a Christchurch boy - so its kind of strange going 24hrs without the earth moving for me (In the literal sense).

Hope to see you tomorrow. Mob is 07850301256.

No internet at my digs, so I'm offline until Monday morning.

Lawrence

9We welcome new riders Empty Re: We welcome new riders Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:39 am

E zee G

E zee G

Hi Lawrence

We are off to North Wales this weekend but there could be some guys out locally so it's worth watching the posts.

We will be out again during the weekday evenings next week though and the following weekend if you are still about.

I have family who are cattle farmers on North Island and mates who started and own the Jim's mowing franchise for South Island.

One of the guys is still in Christchurch and Mike has moved to Melbourne via Jim's HO in Victoria.

My Mum was on South Island when the destruction hit so we were really concerned on many levels.

I couldn't help but think of the guy with a gift shop in Lyttleton bragging about the fault line running through his store to us! Whoarrg.

Hope all is OK with you and yours and we hook up soon.

Don't have a jet boat do you?

Gor

10We welcome new riders Empty Re: We welcome new riders Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:26 am

nzfinescale

nzfinescale

E zee G wrote:Hi Lawrence

We are off to North Wales this weekend but there could be some guys out locally so it's worth watching the posts.

We will be out again during the weekday evenings next week though and the following weekend if you are still about.

I have family who are cattle farmers on North Island and mates who started and own the Jim's mowing franchise for South Island.

One of the guys is still in Christchurch and Mike has moved to Melbourne via Jim's HO in Victoria.

My Mum was on South Island when the destruction hit so we were really concerned on many levels.

I couldn't help but think of the guy with a gift shop in Lyttleton bragging about the fault line running through his store to us! Whoarrg.

Hope all is OK with you and yours and we hook up soon.

Don't have a jet boat do you?

Gor

Embarrassing story about last Sunday:
I'm a pretty heavy espresso drinker - which is not an easy burden in rural Kent. So after around 48hrs in the country without coffee, I awake around 2am with a splitting headache. Around 6am I work out what is going on (ie withdrawal) and grab a couple of instants. By 8:30am I'm feeling OK, but as I'm on the other side of Rochester I've missed my chance of getting out with you lot, so cruised over to Bedgebury for a couple of laps.

North Wales sounds good - weather forecast is OK I think.

I don't have a jetboat - but I know people who do!

Cheers Lawrence

11We welcome new riders Empty Hello Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:53 am

danp63

Hi All

I've just moved to Canterbury and you lot look fun to ride with. Are you out this weekend?

Dan

12We welcome new riders Empty Re: We welcome new riders Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:13 am

E zee G

E zee G

Hi Dan63

E zee G speaking.

We are out tomorrow night (if it's not lashing it down) out of Whitstable at 1900hrs and can get up to Gypsy corner for about 1930 to 1940hrs if this suits.

I assume we will be out Sunday morning on the MTB's meeting at Gypsy corner for 0830 as usual if this is more in tune with your thinking.

I am going to post both MTB rides, but if the road is more your thing let us know and maybe a Saturday ride can be posted.

Message Duff at his Duff bag site (links everywhere) and then we can sort contact details if you want a chat.

Gor

13We welcome new riders Empty Re: We welcome new riders Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:58 pm

duffman

duffman
Admin

Hi Dan,

You are more than welcome to join us, Mr G has put up a ride for Sunday in the main ride section, look forward to meeting you. I have copied and pasted some directions for you below.

If new chap Dan is wondering where the meeting place is it is here

http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/751744

The meeting point is through the narrow gate at the end of the carpark, we meet on the corner on the fireroad about 50 metres from the gate, just listen to the sound of excited voices and girly laughter, that will be us.

If you are riding from Canterbury the meeting place is easily accessible from the Crab and Winkle Line.

Expect a moderate pace ride with some singletrack probably around 2-3hours.

14We welcome new riders Empty Re: We welcome new riders Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:31 am

danp63

Great sounds good, see you all Sunday

Dan

15We welcome new riders Empty another newbie Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:20 am

dimitris

Hello, I am Dimitris, new in Canterbury, but I have been on the trails around the Crab and Winkle and Blean, although on my own.
Would it be ok to join you on Sunday morning?

d.

16We welcome new riders Empty Re: We welcome new riders Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:16 pm

duffman

duffman
Admin

Hi Dimitris,

Yes you are more than welcome to join us, expect a fairly slippy and muddy ride, should be fun.

Duff

17We welcome new riders Empty Re: We welcome new riders Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:09 am

E zee G

E zee G

Good to have you guys on board
see you 0830 at Gypsy corner

18We welcome new riders Empty Re: We welcome new riders Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:14 am

landieman

Hi!

I'm Sam, (I've been out with you a few times a year or so ago) - im that student-ey type who dislikes going up hill and insisted on wearing jeans...well, ive shun the jeans now, and hopefully get along to one of your rides soon Very Happy

19We welcome new riders Empty Re: We welcome new riders Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:46 am

E zee G

E zee G

Hey landie happy to have you along Jeans and all but no Borat thongs please!!!

Isssaa not nyice

20We welcome new riders Empty Hello! Sun May 20, 2012 10:07 pm

Oliver Stockle

Hello! I am moving back to Canterbury in august and was wondering if you still do ride outs and if so I would love to join you guys. I have an Orbea hardtail and love riding when I can. Currently in Imperia, Italy.
Cheers,
Oli

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]