BogHogs Bike Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BogHogs Bike Forum

Discussion forum for mountain bike group

You are not connected. Please login or register

Comments on the new forum

+2
E zee G
duffman
6 posters

What do you think of the new forum?

Comments on the new forum Vote_lcap100%Comments on the new forum Vote_rcap 100% [ 9 ]
Comments on the new forum Vote_lcap0%Comments on the new forum Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Comments on the new forum Vote_lcap0%Comments on the new forum Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Comments on the new forum Empty Comments on the new forum Sun May 08, 2011 1:38 am

duffman

duffman
Admin

First off why the new forum instead of the good old blog?

As I said some time ago, my web hosting contract ended at the end of April and we needed an alternative as the web hosting was costing me £360 per year. I have got rid of loads of old websites and have the cost down to £36 per year, but the blog had to go with the rest.

The new forum can do loads of things, I have set up some basic categories but can add or subtract to suit. Same with the visuals, I can update the graphics above or change any of the colours to suit.

I hope the new forum will give more chance for riders to select the kind of riding they want to do and choose a ride that suits them as well as encourage new riders to join us.

Anyway, open to suggestions

Duff

2Comments on the new forum Empty Re: Comments on the new forum Sun May 08, 2011 4:28 am

I never knew the last one cost so much!! Purely on a financial basis this new forum makes a whole lot of sense.

Can i vote for 'i like it' and 'duff is a knob'?

3Comments on the new forum Empty Re: Comments on the new forum Sun May 08, 2011 6:33 am

E zee G

E zee G

Hi Guys.

A bit of a surprise and at first sight a bit bleak.

Now explained understandable and obviously will hopefully evolve.

Shame we could not of had the opportunity of moving the old site and helping with the hosting cost but I do understand that it probably needed a lot of work to get it doing what this package can do off of the shelf.

I rode with 14 guys today and most of them knew of us via the old web site, will new people browsing be able to find us so easily or will a holding page redirecting them here exist.

I am VERY greatful for all the work Blog/Duff has put in over the years for us (truly stupendus).

I am a typical old porker when it comes to change and wish to embrace the changes and will now refer to Dave/Tom as Dave/Dave or DD and would like to try out an evolution of Bogmeister to SawHog

4Comments on the new forum Empty Re: Comments on the new forum Sun May 08, 2011 7:24 am

duffman

duffman
Admin

The original site is still there

BogHogs

That is what google picks up and how people finds us.

The blog has gone, but replaced with the forum, which is probably more relevant to what we need.

We now link from the bog hogs site to the forum instead of the blog.

I am funding the hosting of the old site and am happy to do the "keypunching,linking, toss pot, email responding, anal web mashing" stuff that makes it all work.

This could be good for us...

5Comments on the new forum Empty Re: Comments on the new forum Mon May 09, 2011 7:45 am

E zee G

E zee G

Thanks for trying to explain the finer details to a computer (what's the opposite of a computer nerd/geek?)God Duff?

Once again now I am past the shock of it all I can see that you are doing lots of work to make the forum our own and it is growing on me very a lot.

We had a good ride with Stoney, Lukeout, and Crabbers this morning but did miss your usual banter and help with the English language over the word Sloth (the animal not the action or lack of it). I prefer tapirs (their stripes really win it for me) but it was the pronunciation which caused the problem confusing us all.

Keep up the good work and should funds be needed for hosting I suggest we have a whip to cover youyr expenses.

6Comments on the new forum Empty Re: Comments on the new forum Mon May 09, 2011 6:58 pm

Luke Out

Luke Out

The new site is looking tough.

Good ride yesterday. It did seem as though at one point that every dog in Kent had been out crapping on the paths.

Lots of poo, more talk about Sloths please, lets not get sidetracked here.

7Comments on the new forum Empty Re: Comments on the new forum Tue May 10, 2011 3:35 am

dopple ganger

dopple ganger

i like the new setup, topics are always on view which is a bonus.
i'm not sure about the "rocketship rides" catergory, it makes the rides sound impossible and scarey when there not. i think there shouldn't be a huge distinction between rides posted , i know i won't be posting any rocket ship rides as i don't see them as that and it purely depends on who turns up and how people feel on the night.
may be the topics should read "social ride" and quicker paced ride as that what they are.

8Comments on the new forum Empty Re: Comments on the new forum Tue May 10, 2011 9:21 am

E zee G

E zee G

How about a Sloth Poo catagory?

I agree with Potter, too much Doggie dirt how about a special Duff stick and French chalk to clean things up.

Poor old Stoney very nearly ended up Splatty.

If only he had his Duff stealth bag with him maybe He would have got a lift home in the CORrrrrrDobaaaaa

9Comments on the new forum Empty Add the following? Thu May 12, 2011 3:46 am

Arthur Crabstick

Arthur Crabstick

Recommendations to the bulk buys section

10Comments on the new forum Empty BREAKING NEWS Fri May 13, 2011 3:05 am

jonaldo

Look out there is life in the young git that calls himself fat and slow due to severe exam stress for uni and severe lack of fitness which he needs to regain for when he goes to uni.

New forum is just as good as the old Blog thanks Andy and yes i do check it a few times a week believe it or not and I am still alive..... just....

The only addition would possible be an area for genral disscussion outside of rides :/ but this forum may trun into tht i dont know....

Aldi

11Comments on the new forum Empty Re: Comments on the new forum Fri May 13, 2011 8:40 am

E zee G

E zee G

Hi Duff

Thanks for sorting the Bogmeister login thang for me (works a treat as you can see)

I certainly do not want to incur the wrath of Bazza by not being visable, but if he does lose it I will quickly become invisable coz he's even more scary than Bomber in a dance off/arse kicking competition.

Bazza we love you as you are the pioneer of everything tubeless.

The forum is really starting to look the Dogs matey, I am starting to like it alot.

Aldi boy may have a point though as he has obviously been surfing the web alot more than us cos I haven't seen him on the nice Spesh of his, a chat type page may be a good idea to keep it real for the rides etc (hope to see you sooon Jonaldo).

We can delight ourselves with the ramblings of which is sweeter, Duff and Wolfies newly discovered single track routes or jazzie chocolate drops dipped in Magners and Cheeky Vimto.

Keep up the good work I for one really appreciate it.

12Comments on the new forum Empty Re: Comments on the new forum Fri May 13, 2011 7:06 pm

duffman

duffman
Admin

Thanks for all the positive comments, glad you like it.

Strange about the "chat" area, I did set it up originally, I can see it on one of my logins but not the other.

Will set it up later...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum